50g Hand Dye Sachet
1. Weigh dry fabric, wash thoroughly. Leave damp
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water
3. Fill bowl / stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well
5. Submerge fabric in water
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water & dry away from direct heat & sunlight.
• You will need 250g of ordinary salt
• 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade.
Suitable Fabrics: Cotton, linen & viscose. Lighter shades will be achieved on wool, sillk, polyester/ cotton & polyester/ viscose mixes.
Not suitable: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with specal finishes.
* Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye.